- What are the products for any neutralization reaction between a strong acid and a strong base?
- What are the common strong acids and bases?
- What are the six strong bases?
- Is a strong acid a weak base?
- What is the pH of a weak acid?
- Why Is aspirin a weak acid?
- What’s the pH of a lemon?
- Does lemon juice increase pH?
- Which is stronger vinegar or lemon juice?
- Can you use lemon juice and vinegar?
- Which lightens stains better vinegar or lemon juice?
- Are lemon juice and vinegar the same?
- What is a good substitute for lemon juice?
- Should I drink apple cider vinegar in the morning or at night?
What are the products for any neutralization reaction between a strong acid and a strong base?
Neutralization occurs when a strong acid and a strong base come together in a chemical reaction to form water and salt.
What are the common strong acids and bases?
Evaluate solution pH and pOH of strong acids or bases….Strong Acids.
|Strong Acids||Strong Bases|
|hydrochloric acid (HCl)||sodium hydroxide (NaOH)|
|hydrobromic acid (HBr)||potassium hydroxide (KOH)|
|hydroiodic acid (Hl)||calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH)2)|
|nitric acid (HNO3)||strontium hydroxide (Sr(OH)2)|
What are the six strong bases?
Strong Arrhenius Bases
- Potassium hydroxide (KOH)
- Sodium hydroxide (NaOH)
- Barium hydroxide (Ba(OH)2)
- Caesium hydroxide (CsOH)
- Sodium hydroxide (NaOH)
- Strontium hydroxide (Sr(OH)2)
- Calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH)2)
- Lithium hydroxide (LiOH)
Is a strong acid a weak base?
Strong acids have a weak conjugate base. Thus, the Cl- ion must be a weak base. Strong bases have a weak conjugate acid.
What is the pH of a weak acid?
Why Is aspirin a weak acid?
Because it is not given in Table 12.2 “Strong Acids and Bases”, acetylsalicylic acid is a weak acid. In these cases, the aspirin also contains a buffering agent—usually MgO—that regulates the acidity of the aspirin to minimize its acidic side effects.
What’s the pH of a lemon?
Does lemon juice increase pH?
Lemon juice has an acidic pH before it is digested. However, once metabolized by the body, it produces alkaline byproducts. These alkaline byproducts can make your urine more alkaline but have very little effect on the pH of your blood.
Which is stronger vinegar or lemon juice?
Lemons contain two acids- citric acid which is a weak acid and ascorbic acid which is generally known by the name vitamin C. Vinegar is acetic acid which itself is a member of weak acids family. Lemon juice is stronger in comparison to an acidic measure of vinegar, it acts as a better cleaning agent than vinegar.
Can you use lemon juice and vinegar?
The simple answer is yes, you may use lemon (or lime juice) in place of vinegar in home canning recipes, as lemon and lime juice are slightly more acidic than vinegar. Some people prefer the tastes of lemon or lime juice over vinegar, as they feel it has a milder flavor.
Which lightens stains better vinegar or lemon juice?
If I stain 2 white shirts,then I predict that the vinegar will lighten the stain better than the lemon juice because the vinegar that i have which is(Distilled white vinegar) has 5% of acidity in it. On its own, lemon juice acts as a bleaching or whitening agent that removes stain-causing substances as it disinfects.
Are lemon juice and vinegar the same?
The most significant difference between lemon juice and vinegar is the type of acid. Lemon juice is on average five to six percent citric acid. Vinegar, on the other hand, is comprised of acetic acid. In terms of PH, vinegar is slightly more acidic than lemon juice.
What is a good substitute for lemon juice?
8 Clever Substitutes for Lemon Juice
- Lime juice. Lime juice is the best substitute for lemon juice, as it can be used as a one-to-one replacement and has a very similar taste and acidity level ( 5 ).
- Orange juice.
- Citric acid.
- Lemon zest.
- White wine.
- Lemon extract.
- Cream of tartar.
Should I drink apple cider vinegar in the morning or at night?
Ingesting undiluted vinegar of any kind can damage your throat and esophagus. Consume it earlier in the day. Drinking apple cider vinegar at least 30 minutes before bed may lower your risk of indigestion or acid reflux after laying down.